Friday, November 16, 2012

Happy100 List



Here's what makes me happy:

1. Pictures of my friends with their newborn babies.  It's pretty incredible.  Or their little babies are growing up into cute kids, with hilarious mannerisms.

2. Big Mama's and Papa's Pizzeria.  That cheese lover's pizza is out of sight.

3.  Running into friends on the street.  I love those spontaneous curve balls life throws you, you run into someone, have a great conversation.  I bottomed out emotionally one night and I decided to walk it out of my system.  I ran into Chris Johnson on Hollywood Blvd and we talked for an hour.  He's a hilarious guy and he gave me some good advice.  I love being around funny people and it's a treat to see someone from my old job, I worked with a lot of amazing people in the past.  I miss having all those people within reach.

4. Listening to random radio stations and finding incredible music while I'm writing.

5. Old Hypecast episodes from Firstshowing.net.  My brother Barry, Dave, Alex, and Josh were the best combination of younger and older movie geeks, having it out.  Split on movies like The Fountain, Tideland, and Saw 3, it made for some entertaining banter.

6. The weird hours of the morning where LA is finally silent.  It's eerie and lovely.

7. Performing in front of a camera in any form.  I'm a huge ham.

8. Hiding out at the Silent Theatre and watching movies I've never heard of.  Being around movie lovers.

9. Earwolf podcasts.  For my comedy fix,  I LOVE Improv4Humans, Comedy Bang Bang, and How Did This Get Made?

10. Road trip!

11. Listening to my dad go on and on about The Human Centipede.  Or any movie really, especially when he yells at my stepmom, when he can't remember a detail, "What was that movie called?"

12. My mom's goofy voicemail messages.  She tried a German accent on the last one.

13. Walking home from the gym full of energy.

14. Watching my talented friends do something hilarious for the camera.

15. Supporting other filmmakers or passionate people with cool projects.

16. Reading my horror movie magazines.  Rue Morgue, HorrorHound, Fangoria and whatever I can get my hands on.

17. Taking pictures. I gotta get a new camera.

18. When I let all my shit go and start dancing.

19.  When my brother and I start laughing uncontrollably at some spur-of-the-moment lunacy.

20. Seeing an amazing band live!  Electricity in the air.

21. Watching bad movies with good friends.

22. When someone actually quotes something that we shot, haha- it blows my mind. 

23. Little kids reactions to my cat puppet.

24. Garlic bread.

25. Alex and Louise's wedding.  That was a good one.

26. Any excuse to dress up in costumes.

27. Anything involving fake blood.

28. When I make it to the bus, just in time!

29. Marching up Runyan Canyon with all the happy doggies.

30. Social nights with lots of drinking, laughter and spontaneity.

31. Listening to the rain.

32. Getting indie films in the mail!

33. Making Mac and Cheese pancakes.  I like cooking for someone in general, just need to expand my menu.

34. Photobooths.

35. A good burger and fries.

36. A smile from a beautiful woman.

37. Waking up and remembering I don't have to work.

38. Editing something really funny.  Then adding a sound effect that makes it HILARIOUS.

39. Going to The Farmer's Market.

40. Art Exhibits.

41. Being next to Lon Chaney's make up case. 

42. Taking a picture with a hero.  I wish I'd remember to lose the damn backpack when that happens, I look like a douche!

43. Big hugs.

44. Listening to a good storyteller.  Whether it's a nightmare audition, or some random experience, I admire anyone who has storytelling skills.

45. A roaring fireplace.
46. A magical theatre experience.  Rarely happens, but seeing an awesome play probably inspires me more than anything.  I want to run home and write dialogue.

47. Film festivals are crazy fun!  I can't wait to go again.  It is my dream to travel the world some day with a film.

48. Sharing old pics and videos.

49. Petting a friendly animal.

50.  Getting a window seat.  I like to rest my head.

51. A long hot shower.

52. A great cup of coffee and an everything bagel with cream cheese.

53. Taking a trip to see a friend.

54. Eating dinner with my family.

55. A star-filled sky.

56. Maui.

57. Arcades.

58. Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches.

59. Rum and Coke.

60. Meeting someone new.

61. Riding my bike.

62. A hand-written letter.

63. Sam Cooke and Jackie Wilson

64. The smell of vanilla.

65. Tickets to some posh place where I clearly don't belong.

66. Singing with someone in the car.

67. My cousins.

68. Grossing people out.

69. Dave Chappelle.

70. Looking through Amoeba Music.

71. A first kiss.
72. Packing up equipment when we wrap on a shoot.

73. My feet crunching in the snow.

74. Milkshakes.

75. A deadline.

76. Bad wigs.

77. A roaring fire.

78. Halloween!

79. Thanksgiving!

80. My birthday!

81. A woman running her hands through my hair.

82. Making lists.

83. Adding something movie-related to my apartment.

84. Exploring.

85. My box office family.

86. Double-features and Midnight shows.

87. Making someone laugh.

88. Shooting without permits.

89. Outdoor BBQs!

90. Driving a rental.

91. Making skits with my Colorado friends.

92. The color blue.

93. Humming birds.

94.  Friends I can count on.

95. All day movie marathons with Bryan.

96. Riding a train.

97.  Rooftops with an awesome view.

98. Shooting stars.

99.  Crazy sunsets.

100. Komodas Bakery

2 comments:

  1. I got a kick out of reading your list. The ones in which you go into detail are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind for future entries :)

      Delete